Here at Potty Mouth HQ, we believe everyone should live a little more green.
We care about our impact on the planet and doing business for good not just for profit.
Although we aren't perfect by any means, we put sustainability at the heart of everything we do, instead of considering it an afterthought.
We plant trees
Our plants are imported from nurseries in Holland.
Through an ongoing partnership with Tree Nation, we plant a tree for every item we sell on our website or in store. Tree Nation work with local communities in developing countries across the globe to achieve sustainable reforestation. Since we launched this partnership in January 2021, together (you and us!) we have helped plant over 3500+ trees and counting.
We want to reduce our carbon footprint by reforesting the world, together.
Dublin: We individually wrap your plants to help protect the plants during transit and keep the soil in-tact, and deliver them in paper bags.
We use kraft wrapping paper, recycled paper, or tissue paper and twine. It's important to know how to dispose of these:
- Paper bags with soy ink can be recycled.
- Recycled paper (the brown stuff!) can be put in your compost bin.
- Our acid-free tissue paper and twine can also be put in your compost bin.
- Our orange, green, or pink recycled kraft wrapping paper can be recycled.
- Remove any stickers, as they cannot be recycled.
Nationwide: We use kraft paper and tape, cardboard boxes, and biodegradable packaging peanuts.
- Cardboard can either be reused or recycled.
- The kraft tape is made from recycled materials; it can be left on the boxes to be recycled or recycled separately.
- Packaging peanuts are made from potato starch. They can either be thrown in your compost bin or washed away down the sink.
- Recycled paper can be composted.
- Stickers must be peeled off and put in your general waste bin (we are working on branded boxes to avoid using stickers in the future).
Our Dublin deliveries all go out on the same day. This helps regulate trips and avoid any unnecessary journeys.
Our Nationwide deliveries are sent using An Post. They were the first postal service to eliminate carbon emissions in a capital city! They have an electric fleet, and transport routes are all measured to reduce the number of journeys. In time, all city deliveries will be made using electric vehicles.
We're always keen to improve our operations, so if you've any feedback or ideas, we'd love to hear from you: email@example.com